If you were a lover of traveling before the birth of a child, then a couple of months after this event you have no reason to abandon your hobby. Many are afraid to take their children up to a year on vacation, because they worry about their safety or consider such a vacation questionable for themselves. But in this article we will tell you what are the advantages of traveling with a baby and how to make your vacation truly enjoyable and memorable.
Why is traveling with a child up to a year easier than you think?
You need to prepare in advance for the fact that your trip will not be better or worse than the previous ones, it will be different. Now you don’t have to languidly lie on the beach and not think about anything. Your baby requires attention and care, and you will need to provide it.
Firstly, when the baby is breast-fed, you do not need to worry about preparing food for him or choosing it from the menu offered at your hotel. In addition, thanks to the breast, it is possible to feed the baby without problems or calm him down and put him to bed anytime, anywhere: bus, plane, train.
The second advantage you have is, again, due to the baby’s age and its small weight, which allows you to wear it in an ergo backpack or sling, without restricting your movements. You can also bring a stroller with a cane if the child is already sitting.
And even if you love outdoor activities with long walks and sightseeing, the baby will not bother you, but will only be grateful that you are constantly in your arms.
Choose a vacation spot
Regardless of whether you are planning a beach holiday or sightseeing, it will be easier for you to go in the warmer months. If only because it will be possible to take a minimum of clothes, which means that the suitcases will be easier. But at the same time, extreme heat must be avoided, as children are very poorly tolerated and capricious. Choosing the countries of Europe – Greece, Spain, France – plan a trip in early summer or early fall. Turkey is waiting for you and children with open arms from May to June, and then from September to October. Although you can go to Egypt all year round, for children it will not be any time of year comfortable. In the summer months there is sweltering heat, and in the winter months – winds and cold evenings. The fact is that you need to keep in mind sharp changes in temperature and climate change when a child falls from an actual winter to summer.
You can choose other directions, but it is necessary that they satisfy several conditions:
- The road, whether it be a car, plane or train, should not be too long and tiring. Transplants will not come so easily either. In addition, you twice have a chance to get stuck at the airport due to a flight delay if you choose to travel by plane. And for children this will be a very difficult test, and a large crowd of people is undesirable for them. The optimal travel time for your baby is 2-3 hours, and the less the better.
- Choose only civilized countries that are not too different from our climate. Firstly, a small child does not yet have all the vaccinations, and there is still no way to get him vaccinated against exotic diseases. In addition, there is a high risk of developing allergies to local plants and insects. The country should be able to provide you with qualified medical care upon request.
- If you are traveling to expand your horizons and see the sights, then they should be located as compactly as possible so that you do not have to ride buses or taxis for a long time. It is better if the town is small and you can walk around its main tourist places.
Choose a transport
Traveling by plane, you will keep the baby in your arms all the time. So that he does not cry during the flight, and his ears are not blocked during takeoff and landing, you need to give your baby water or chest as often as possible. Sucking and swallowing will help to avoid discomfort in the ears, and milk will save you from thirst due to dry air in the plane. In addition, everyone will be better if the child sleeps all the time.
If you choose a trip by rail, it is best to redeem all the coupes. So you can breastfeed your baby without hesitation. And strangers will not scare and disturb the child. Although small children are not rocking, they can be capricious in an unusual atmosphere. Therefore, breasts are the best antidepressant for your baby.
Transport is a public place, so take good care of your hygiene. Wash and disinfect your hands as often as possible.
Traveling by bus is undesirable, as it will be difficult for you to change clothes and feed the child. You can’t give breasts in motion, the baby can swallow air or bite your nipple.
If you went on a trip with your own car, then the road should not bring you any problems. The kid can play or watch cartoons in the back seat. You can stop and feed him at any time. But usually the kids in the car are motion sick and sleep well. Take all the necessary things to the salon will also not be a problem.
Pack your bags
It is advisable to prepare a separate suitcase for the baby, so that it is easier in case of which to get the necessary things. Even when traveling to the sea, be sure to take warm clothes that you may need in the evening or in case of bad weather.
Plan that in the sun the baby should stay in panama and a T-shirt. At the same time, try to keep your luggage as light as possible. Therefore, do not collect a lot of toys, and do not take diapers for the whole trip. All this can be bought on the spot. Baby food for children after 6 months: fruit, vegetable and meat canned purees, also sold in all stores.
But if you feed the child from a common table, then choose high-class hotels. There is no need to worry about the quality of food. There should be a diet table without seasonings, fried, spicy and salty, which is perfect for your baby. Many hotels have children’s restaurants and even food choppers.
What to take in hand luggage
Immediately prepare a sling or an ergo backpack where you will put your baby while you are at the airport. In a baby bag you need to take:
- several diapers;
- favorite toys;
- wet and dry wipes;
- interchangeable outfit.
If you take a stroller on vacation, it will not be checked in, but loaded onto the plane before boarding. On the plane, the baby will be on hand and fastened with special straps. In some airlines, a cradle is issued for very small ones, but this must be asked and warned in advance.
First Aid Kit
Medicines must be taken with you for all occasions. We divide all the drugs on the list into several groups:
- Sun protection and panthenol based anti-burn products.
- From temperature: you need to take candles and syrups based on paracetamol and ibuprofen. Take both, as paracetamol and ibuprofen are best alternated when used.
- Allergy drugs: drops inside, for example, Fenistil. As well as an ointment for itching and insects of the same manufacturer.
- First-aid kit for first aid: hydrogen peroxide or brilliant green, plasters, bandages, cotton wool.
- From intestinal infections or a mild disorder. Absorbents: Smecta, Enterosgel, Phosphalugel. From dehydration: Rehydron. Antibacterial: Nifuroxazide. A drug to replenish intestinal microflora with bifidobacteria and lactobacilli.
- In case of respiratory diseases: Nazivin for nasal congestion, saline solution for washing the nose, antiseptic in the form of a throat spray.
For severe cases, you can take with you a broad-spectrum antibiotic, after consulting with your doctor, which is suitable for your age. All these drugs are unlikely to be useful, especially in the summer, except for sunscreen. But it’s much calmer to go, knowing about their availability.
It seems that traveling with a small child is very troublesome. But a lot depends on your mood, as well as cohesion and coordination of actions of parents.
Be prepared for various kinds of accidents and for the fact that much will not go according to plan.
You most likely do not have to sit in one place for a long time, because the kids are so fidgety. The main thing is to get to your destination, and there you will already get comfortable one way or another.
Children may be a little naughty, but basically they quickly and easily adapt to a new place. And then you just have to enjoy the surrounding atmosphere and relax from the daily routine.
At the very least, variety is surely ensured for you. If you carefully approach the organization of leisure and take into account our recommendations, then a vacation will bring you a lot of positive emotions and energize you for a long time. Bon Voyage!