The good news is that studies have shown that newborn babies have mild or no symptoms at all. But the danger of infection still exists, and therefore precautions must be taken. Coronavirus infection is of great concern to young mothers with babies. Many women worry about their children, because newborns have not yet strengthened their immunity. Doctors recommend that moms adhere to these rules:
- It is necessary to observe personal hygiene: wash your hands yourself, wash the baby more often, treat the baby’s palms with an antiseptic, as well as his things, crib and toys.
- Do not touch the child’s face. Make sure that the baby himself does not touch his cheeks, do not rub his eyes. Wear special mittens for him.
- When sneezing or coughing, turn away from the child and cover yourself with a handkerchief.
- Remember to wear a face mask before each feeding your baby.
- Try to limit contact with relatives. It is better not to ask grandmothers or older children for help. Your family members can be carriers of the infection, even if they are apparently healthy.
- Try to avoid artificial formula and breastfeed your baby. There are antibodies in breast milk that increase the immunity of the baby. If you are going to be treated in a hospital, it is worth expressing the milk and leaving it to the baby. If you don’t have milk, you can find a female donor.
- Wash and sterilize bottles and pacifiers often if the baby is bottle-fed. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before mixing.
- If you go to the store, buy diapers, napkins and other baby hygiene products for 2-3 weeks.
- Behave as calmly as possible, do not panic. The kid perceives mom’s mood and begins to get nervous himself. Radiate positive and calmness – this will contribute to the health and good mood of your baby.
The main thing is not to panic! Basically, all you have to do is practice good hygiene and cut down on any contact. Keep calm and hopefully in a few months we can say goodbye to the coronavirus.
These simple tips will help you protect you and your baby from infection, because the main thing is a positive attitude and preventive measures.